Starting an email campaign may be quite daunting, but it really doesn’t have to be.
Here are a few guidelines for an effective email campaign:
- Personalising your emails will improve your open rate.
- Ensure you have gained permission from the recipient before sending emails – you do not want to be reported for sending spam!
- If you are not using an email software tool and you are manually sending out emails remember you should ensure you do not reveal recipients email addresses. This can be done by adding all the email addresses into the BCC box.
- You MUST clearly include your contact details and a valid return email address.
- ALWAYS give the recipient the chance to unsubscribe from your emails.
- Use subject headings that will grab your readers attention.
I know of business owners and Virtual Assistants who send out emails in batches of 25-50 so that their emails aren’t classed as spam. How time-consuming is this task? Is it really saving money? As with anything, automating the process will save you time and result in less errors.
Email marketing software or email autoresponders, as it is also known as, simplifies the process of managing an email campaign. It allows you to set up web forms that are easily added to your website. A subscriber entering details into the form will be added automatically to a list. When they receive emails from yourself there will always be an option to unsubscribe. If they decide to unsubscribe this will all be handled automatically by the software.
I use Aweber email marketing software, as do a lot of internet marketers.
Please read the post on other recommended Email Marketing Software below.